Saturday, May 24, 2008

Wedding Weekend - Part I

This past weekend Tim and I had two weddings to attend. Friday was the McHenry wedding and Saturday was the Lockner wedding. Let's just say there was a lot of love being celebrated over Memorial Day weekend this year. Since both weddings were special and unique in their own way, I feel they deserve separate blog entries so we begin with Wedding Weekend Part I, the McHenry wedding....My friends Steve and Christina tied the knot Friday evening in an outdoor ceremony on the lawn of the Gale Mansion in Minneapolis. The ceremony was beautiful and the weather was perfect for their night. Steve is a friend from La Crosse and Christina is a member of the infamous 'Scotland Crew' so it was an exciting mix of old friends for me and also for Tim. It was awesome seeing a bunch of old college buddies that I haven't seen in years along with a few of my Scotland buddies including Chip, Bryce, Dean & BJ. Christina looked amazing and their wedding was fun and creative, I loved Christina's crafty touches on everything, including handmade natural soaps we received as party favors and the yummy cupcakes. We spent the whole night catching up with old friends and enjoying the night. Kelly & Zak came to stay with us and broke in our brand new guest bedroom. Once the wedding celebration came to an end, the wedding party headed over to Brit's to continue the fun, where we also ran into Sam & Sarah and some other friends out celebrating the night before their wedding.
I have lots of pictures that I will post later. Steve and Christina are now enjoying their first 3 weeks of marriage in Australia and New Zealand. Congrats McHenrys!!!

1 comment:

christina said...

thanks for coming! had a fun time with you guys. fun to go to brit's afterwards too. see you in a few weeks and we'll come over and see your new house!