Saturday, May 17, 2008

the king of our castle



With the death of our friends' dog Phoebe, it made me think about how hard it is to lose one's dog or any pet for that matter. They are these crazy creatures who depend on us for food, water, entertainment, and above all love. I can't imagine a life with no Oscar, and I never want to. I realized this morning as I drink my coffee and pet my dog that Oscar has not even once been mentioned in our blog and it is about time I posted about him. He is the King of our castle. He owns the place and it shows wherever you happen to look around. Whether it be his chair and ottoman that he claimed and uses to stare out the window all day, or our bed (which he isn't allowed to be in, but somehow is mysteriously covered in his dog hair), or his toys scattered around the house. Oscar is a big part of our lives and we love him with all of our hearts. Even when he decides to snack on a new pair of sandals that I've only worn twice. He can pretty much do anything because those big brown eyes make me forgive him.

No comments: