Monday, May 19, 2014

I ran a half marathon!?!?!?!

Yes, yes I did!!! With 2 5k's under my belt from over a year ago, I decided it was time to kick it up a notch and sign up for a half marathon back in March. I found the shortest training program I could and focused on getting my weekly long runs in. I discovered that my friend (and neighbor) Jenny was the BEST running buddy ever during these long weekend runs. She's training for a marathon in June but decided to do the half with me. She ran the whole thing with me never leaving my side, even though I was a pretty sad case starting around mile 9. Mile 10 things got even harder and by mile 11 I was digging deep to get to that darn finish line. The course was super hilly for me, I have never run hills or farther than 11.5 miles ever, but I stuck it out and made it to the end in 2 hours and 26 minutes. Now I might have to try to do another one faster. But for now, I'm taking some time off and enjoying a week of rest and pizza, lots of pizza.
Post race smiles with our coffee cups.

1 comment:

The Pederson Family said...

It was fun to see you and your family there. I am so proud of you!