Monday, June 30, 2008

Introducing Tim Vedder, the "T" of O+T=V

Coming to the realization that I need to start chipping in around here, it is time for my inaugural post. I am Tim, husband of Oona, and father (not biological) of Oscar. Now that my CFA exam is completed (results due July 29th, zoinks!), I am excited at the prospect of being a person again. A few updates from the Vedder family...


Tim Vedder, Godfather...my niece Mara celebrated her first birthday on May 27th, and boy did she make out like a bandit. You wouldn't know it from her picture though as she looks like a child entering the Terrible 2's a year too early. She had her first taste of sweets with a bday cupcake and am sure she is hooked. Note to self, next bday present to her should be a 12-pack of Sunkist Soda.



Cabin Fever...we made what is turning into an annual trip up to our family cabin in June, bringing our friends Matt&Cortney and Laramie&Lynn. The weekend was everything it should be: people trying to party like they are still in college and realizing they get tired shortly after the news is over. The weather was warm and sunny, and we lounged around during the day, taking time to scare ourselves to death on Laramie and Lynn's jetskis. The evenings brought every card game imagineable as well as a cabin favorite- the marble game Aggravation. I turned out to be the most "aggravated", as anyone who knows me knows I hate losing...and man did I lose. Laramie whipped up a bonfire on the beach as we toasted smores and tried to drink the place dry. Matt and Cortney suffered thru a weekend on bunkbeds like champions, Oscar learned he hates the water, and the rest of us got mild sunburns to remember the weekend by. I am excited for next year...I plan on winning Aggravation.

(Pics are Laramie and Lynn, Matt with his boyfriend and jealous girlfriend Cortney looking on, and everyone hanging on the beach)




Tim Vedder, Marathon Man? Well, we will soon find out. In an effort to do something different, painful, and fun each year, I have found my 2008 activity. My "friend" Brian and I somehow talked eachother into suffering through 26.2 miles of the Twin Cities Marathon this October 5th. As we each blame each other for the idea, so far my legs and lungs are still intact. I have found it to be a great excuse to buy shorts, shoes, shirts, and act like I am some sort of athlete. As the long runs are just beginning (this Friday is a 10-mile stroll), I look forward to seeing if I can not only complete the run but also if I can beat Oprah Winfreys time of 4hr 29min 20sec...eat it "O". Wish me luck, progress reports to follow.


So there ya have it, up to speed in only a few paragraphs. I hope our page views don't go down the tubes now that I am bangin' away at the keys, Oona will be back in no time to rescue this blog I am sure.

2 comments:

christina said...

steve and i can provide you with water/sports drink at mile 17 on the pkwy. that's where i like to watch. TC is a great marathon. you will love it!! just hope it isn't as hot and humid as i was last year. people were dropping like flies at mile 17.

TJV said...

You mean a marathon is more than 17 miles? What am I thinking?!?! If I make it to your house I may just take a break, permanently...