Thursday, December 26, 2013

Surprise! Off to WA I go!

So I was spoiled rotten for Christmas this year. I don't know why because I don't remember being very nice this year, with all the yelling, crabbiness, sleep deprivation and frustration of the terrible 2's (Evie). But somehow I got on the super nice list and was showered with all kinds of lovely things, the best being my surprise trip to Washington to visit my family ALONE this past weekend, right before Christmas!!! And if that wasn't awesome enough Tim flew me out there first class. It was my very first time flying first class, and let me tell you, it was AMAZING. I almost wish I wouldn't have gotten to experience how fantastic it was because now flying coach will seem even worse then it already is. I spent 4 days in Olympia with my family, enjoying the nice break from the daily grind of motherhood and Minnesota winter - um, it was 50 degrees pretty much the whole 4 days I was there. Anyway, it was such a great trip and much needed as I hadn't been out to WA to visit my family in over a year and a half.  I hope we can all be in the same state or at the very least, region in 2014.  I got back to MN right in time to celebrate Christmas Eve with Tim and the kids, and it was so cold here my car wouldn't start. I really extra appreciated not traveling with the kids during my flight back on the 24th as I witnessed so many stressed out families trying to get somewhere for Christmas while their children screamed and cried in the airport and on my flight.

2 comments:

christina said...

Fun! You deserve it!

Julie @ Living on the Ledge said...

Awww! What a great surprise, you lucky lady! I hope the Croarkin/Vedder families had the happiest of Christmases!