Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Saturday Mornings at the Home Depot

We recently discovered that the first Saturday of every month the Home Depot has a free little workshop for kids.  I took both the kids myself for the first time in October where they made little wooden airplanes that they got to hammer and paint themselves. They loved it, so we went again as a family this time for the first Saturday in November to build little wooden boats. They get their own little apron with their name on it and a pin for each project they make. It's fun to watch them enjoy making something with a little help from mom and dad. We will definitely be going again in December.

3 comments:

The Pederson Family said...

FUN! I've heard about this, but we've never been.. You've inspired me ;)

Julie @ Living on the Ledge said...

Awesome! I will have to see if they do this here. Looks like they are having fun!

Unknown said...

Yes, you both should do it! Julie, they have it everywhere...my sister brings Sidney to the one in Olympia. It's the first Saturday of every month 9-noon. It's great!