Thursday, April 16, 2009

39 weeks and then some

As the due date approaches, I get more nervous that it will pass and I will still be pregnant. I know that it is very common to go a week or even more past an estimated due date so I am trying to take every day as it comes. Another day of being very large, very excited, and very very uncomfortable. Tim and I are really ready to meet baby Vedder and every day drags on and on. We have been trying to keep busy, Tim has been studying for the CFA level 2 exam and I have been walking (slowly) and keeping things in order around the house. I'm sad I finished all the Twilight books as those would be very handy right now. Just trying to keep myself occupied so I don't go insane.

So I didn't think my belly could get any bigger than last week, but apparently it has. At my appointment on Tuesday I was measuring 40 weeks and that is a 2 week increase since my appointment last week. Both of my midwives actually measured me thinking maybe they were getting it wrong, but no, I grew that much more in just one little week. Baby boy is slowing down in there as I am sure he is just running out of space. He still lets me know he is okay in there though with the occasional nudge. The midwives gave their weight guesses this week. Karen thinks he is 8 pounds while Kathrine thinks he is 7 pounds 10 ounces. We will see who is correct hopefully very soon.

No comments: