Sunday, December 15, 2013

Pasta with Roasted Broccoli

This is such a quick and easy recipe. I made it tonight for dinner and threw in some cauliflower too since I had it on hand. I got it out of a magazine years ago. I'm always looking for ways to get veggies in and we always enjoy it.

Pasta with Roasted Broccoli  (serves 6)

6 cups fresh broccoli florets
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
3 T olive oil
12 ounces whole wheat rotini pasta
1/2 cup broth
2 T butter
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

Heat oven to 400 degrees and bring a large pot of salted water to boil.

Combine broccoli, garlic, walnuts, salt and pepper in a medium size bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and stir until coated. Place broccoli mixture on a large rimmed baking sheet and roast at 400 degrees for 13 minutes, stirring twice.

Cook pasta following package directions and drain. Return to pot. 

Add broccoli mixture to pasta pot and stir in butter, broth and parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.

I always top with extra parmesan and leave out the nuts so my kids can safely enjoy (I don't trust Evie with nuts yet).

No comments: