Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Edamame Hummus

I have been trying really hard to make at least 1-2 new recipes a week. I used to do this before Evie was born and it made me feel better about myself somehow. Being a stay at home mom has it's challenges, and let's just be honest, sometimes its just downright hard to have much motivation to do much of anything else on top of all the daily tasks, but food is so important to me and my family and we try really hard to eat most of our meals at home. I just feel so much better knowing I made something healthy for my family to eat, so I am trying to really make it a top priority again.

This week I made Edamame Hummus. I thought it was delicious. Evie and I practically fought over the stuff, while Miles wouldn't even give it a try (he's 4 and very opinionated right now when it comes to food) and Tim had a few bites and said it was 'pretty good' which I think means, he didn't really like it all that much. But he is still warming up to a lot of my 'healthy' foods so I will cut him some slack.

I have never had my regular old blender not be a decent replacement for a food processor, but in this case it did not do the trick at all, and I had to scrape the ingredients into my Mini-Cuisinart Processor (which I love by the way). I also didn't have any coriander on hand so I skipped that, and we ate it warm with some warmed up naan bread. I preferred it warm, it almost tasted creamy and cheesey to me....it was also good with carrot sticks.


http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/edamame-hummus-recipe/index.html

1 comment:

Mrs. Olson said...

I love all the pictures! You guys are all adorable! I wish we could hang out! Miss you! Take care :)
-Sarah