Monday, August 25, 2014

Days before Kindergarten.

I cannot even believe that in less than 2 days I will officially have a kindergartener. Sniff sniff.  Miles starts school on Wednesday August 27th. It seems so early to me, summer is still here hanging around and we are out celebrating our last days together before he is a full time little student. Last week we spent our mornings at Lake Harriet beach (twice),
Lake Harriet
we played at the park with friends, ate lunch picnic style both times at Bread&Pickle, celebrated with cake and more friends
Let's celebrate with cake! A new tradition is born.

Having a picnic with our buddies.
, visited some old friends for the day at their home out in Grant, MN,
Jennifer helping the kids pick carrots. They LOVED it!


The kids LOVED picking veggies out of Jennifer's huge garden.
and just had lots of unscheduled time together.
Walking home from Lake Harriet, taking our sweet sweet time.
It was so fun to really enjoy the free time with both kids before we have a very scheduled start to a new chapter in our lives....school. Today I took the kids to the MN Zoo for probably our last weekday zoo trip, well for awhile anyway. I will miss these days together, but I also know it is time for a new beginning. And yes, I will cry when I drop him off for the first time, and maybe even the second.
So excited!

Visiting the Big Bugs exhibit one more last time before they are gone September 1st.

Checking on his favorite animal...the Komodo Dragon.

No comments: