Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Christmas Recap and NYE

I am realizing lately that I am behind on my blog updates and have a harder time sitting down at the computer. We had a very sweet little Christmas at home with the kids. Santa came and spoiled them rotten, and by rotten I mean, they were little angels most of the day and then started suffering from the "I got too many presents" meltdowns that always seem to occur with little kids on holidays and their birthdays.

It was a pretty laid back day as I had been gone the days prior and wasn't around to meal plan or have the house in tip top condition. It was nice though. We just hung out in our jammies all day and played with the new toys. A very relaxing day overall.

Christmas was on a Wednesday this year and Tim had the whole week off. On Friday we loaded up the car to celebrate Christmas with Tim's family at the cabin. Grandma Sue and Papa Wayne had the cabin all decorated for Christmas with a fun all white Christmas tree dressed up as a snowman. The kids decorated cookies with Grandma Sue and we celebrated by opening lots and lots of presents and having a "French" meal. Tim's family does a different theme meal every Christmas and lots of planning go into the menu. It was quite a success this year I think. I'm kicking myself for not taking more pictures. Must get better at that!!! Another thing to add to my 2014 list.
Evie and Cousin Mara
Grandma Sue and the grandkids frosting cookies.


For New Year's Eve we rung in the new year with what is becoming a new little family tradition of ours and made our own pizza from scratch. I broke out the bread machine and made a fresh batch of dough, then we topped it with sauce, fresh mozzarella cheese, spinach, olives and mushrooms. It was pretty delicious. The kids helped with the toppings of course. We had movie night and watched Despicable Me 2 (which Miles LOVES right now). Kids were in bed by 8:30 and Tim and I were both lights out by 10:30. I love being old, married with kids. It is quite nice. 2104 is going to be a good year.






Ringing in 2014 with a home made pizza!

1 comment:

The Pederson Family said...

Happy new year vedders! That pizza looks delish. I agree, 2014 is going to be a good year! :)